Friday 3 September 2010

Working and Walking

Working from home has its benefits:
  • no daily commute (especially beneficial in pregnancy)
  • no overbearing manager checking what I'm doing every 5 mins
  • flexibility - I can pop out to the shops/put on some laundry/bake some bread whilst still working
But it also have some definite downfalls:
  • not much work social scene
  • no one to chat to over the water cooler
  • no reason to leave the house - I realised yesterday that I hadn't left the house since sunday, that's 4 days!!
Don't worry, at that point I decided that enough was enough and walked down to meet Grant at the station.

The trouble is, I'm not very good at doing exercise at all. Walking is about as active I get! I love going for walks if I have someone to join me - a dog or child will do - and I am happy to walk most places if I have a purpose - need to pop to the shops, post a letter etc - but I'm not very good at just walking aimlessly on my own. I feel a bit silly walking around my area for no reason and if I go off the beaten path, I don't feel very safe on my own - who knows what could happen and no one would know where I was... I am a worrier in general!

We live in a small flat so I'm expecting to need lots of 'get out of the house' plans once the baby arrives. I hope having a baby to push around and to take to feed the ducks will give me more drive to get out of the house and get some air and a change of scenery.

1 comment:

  1. You'll get your fair share of walking once baby arrives if you are like me! Oh the miles I have walked. It is nicer to do it with a little one in tow than on your own. Good luck with the pregnancy. Your blog reminds me of my own as I started writing regularly while pregnant with my first last year!

    ReplyDelete