Friday 14 January 2011

37 weeks today!

Woohoo! Almost there now!

It's good to know that if the baby made an early appearance now she would not be considered premature. It is also quite scary to think she could arrive at any time in the next few weeks.

I am so over aware of every little ache and pain and yesterday I was convinced my waters had started to leak! It was a false alarm and I felt a little silly when I saw the midwife but at least it put my mind at ease.

The baby's bum is right under my ribs so I don't think any engagement has happened yet and I'm still getting lots of movement - kicks, turns and shifting positions. I think she's far too comfortable and happy in there and am convinced I'll be about a week over due.

I would be over the moon if I went into labour soon but it would also be quite nice to wait until the beginning of Feb as my mum is away until Jan 24th and I'm hoping to sit an exam on the 27th - possibly tempting fate here!

Anyway, one thing is for sure, in just over a month I will definitely have a baby (the 16th Feb is the cut off point before they will induce me) and I can not wait to meet her (or him if the scan was wrong).

1 comment:

  1. Hi! How exciting!!! I've tagged you http://plus2point4.blogspot.com/2011/01/sssh-i-have-7-secrets-to-tell-you-meme.html
    Have you thought of joining Twitter or British Mummy Bloggers?

    ReplyDelete