Friday 21 January 2011

38 weeks today...

... and I'm still pregnant!

I keep hoping that the baby will arrive soon but I have a feeling it will be after my due date!

Things are starting to move in the right direction though; I'm 3/5 engaged, getting back ache and cramps and the Braxton Hicks have moved up several gears and are getting very uncomfortable. But I know all these signs are to be expected in the weeks leading up to labour and that they don't mean anything is imminent but I can't help the wishful thinking!

I'm trying to keep busy and active to take my mind off it but it is hard not to let my mind wander and start to think about the birth and the baby that will be the product of all these months of pregnancy.

I keep having half hearted bouts of nesting but I don't think the nesting instinct is something that comes naturally to me - I keep thinking I really should hoover that floor... really should sort out that cupboard... but these jobs haven't yet been attempted and it's unlikely they will be!


3 comments:

  1. I was so looking forward to the nesting. I thought I'd be giving the house a well needed clean and tidy. Unfortunately it never came!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly there honey, try and enjoy your last few weeks as they are precious not as precious as your baby which I'm so looking forward to meeting. I'll give you a call this week xxxx kiss to Miss Bump from us and Lennon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck!!.... my top tip that I give to everyone is if you have gas and air you need to breeeeeeathe in deeeeeep, as deep as you can. It makes it a million times more effective and stops you feeling sick from it.


    xx

    ReplyDelete