Thursday 6 January 2011

36 weeks - well almost...

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow! Suddenly 40 weeks isn't so far away.

We had our first parentcraft session on Tuesday. It was really good to have my knowledge reinforced and supplemented by one of the community mid wives. It is quite amazing really when we have so much info on the internet, in books and in magazines these days but it still really helps to hear it from an expert. It is also really reassuring to know that other parents have the same questions and worries as us. We only get two 2hr sessions which doesn't seem very much compared to other areas but I'm sure all the major points will be covered.

I've been feeling fairly heavy and tired since Christmas and my sleeping has become more and more disrupted - I'm pretty sure this is just going to get worse - perhaps it's nature's way of preparing the body for sleep deprivation once the baby has arrived! Other than the tiredness and general aches and pains I am still feeling very well and keep getting told I'm blooming so I count myself very lucky as I know some people really suffer, especially towards the end of their pregnancies. I do have to keep reminding myself to slow down though. I get these sudden surges of energy and end up over doing things then feeling drained for the rest of the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment