Monday 16 August 2010

Sunday Baking


I love to bake; it gives me such a sense of happiness and achievement to take ingredients and turn them into something completely different. I'm no master baker but I do pride myself on making really good sponge cakes, especially fairy cakes (I refuse to call them cupcakes!).

Yesterday, as Grant was watching endless football on TV, I decided to spend the afternoon making some cakes. I made some choc chip ones and some plain ones with lemon icing. They turned out really well except that the choc chips all sank to the bottom of the cakes - need to work out how to stop this happening - but they still taste good. I revisited my childhood with the icing and used bright colours and hundreds of thousands.

So much for having a healthy day! We ate quite a few of the cakes and then felt very fat for the rest of the day - I also think the sugar affected my sleep as I hardly slept a wink.
It was worth it though!

The pictures aren't great but you get the jist!


No comments:

Post a Comment