Sunday 22 August 2010

Sleep

For the last few weeks I have been finding it really hard to sleep. If it's not needing the loo that's waking me up, it's achey legs, strange dreams or Grant moving in his sleep (I am a very light sleeper!). My mum tells me to get used to it as it will only get worse further into my pregnancy I am - great, thanks Mum!

Last night however, I managed to sleep pretty well. Grant was away for the night and although I hate it when we sleep apart, I have to say, I sleep so much better when I have the bed to myself! A combination of pillows and cushions supporting me at various points (to keep me on my side) and just having the space seems to have done the trick!

Our bed is a standard double but it seems to feel increasingly small for us. I have a feeling we're going to have to invest in a larger bed, especially as my bump will be growing in the next few weeks and so there'll be even less space for us!

I'm trying to put it 0ff though as it wouldn't just be the bed we'd have to buy but a whole new lot of bedding too - add this to all the baby stuff we're going to have to buy soon and it becomes a small fortune.

Maybe last night is a taste of things to come and I'll be able to sleep a bit more comfortably even with Grant in the bed - let's hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment