Saturday 14 August 2010

Becoming a Mother

I'm 15 weeks pregnant today! The last few weeks have flown by and it's hard to think that in about 25 weeks time I will be a mummy.

I am highly excited about becoming a parent as is my boyfriend Grant. We decided that we'd try for a baby after spending some time with friends of ours over Easter. They have a beautiful little boy who was 6 months at the time and it really brought home to us how much we'd like to start a family of our own. Two months later and we found out I was pregnant - we were over joyed!
We decided not to tell anyone except our parents until after our 12 week scan - something I found very hard!
Having had the scan a few weeks ago, we have seen most of our friends now and shared the news with all and sundry. All our friends have been so excited for us which has been fantastic although I have found it all a bit overwhelming, especially as we've known for 10 weeks. I am still very excited but, being quite reserved by nature have found it hard to keep up the overtly enthusiastic excitement that people seem to expect - hope I don't come across as cold or heartless! I am also really aware of not becoming the person who only talks about their baby all night long! At home however I am happy to babble on about the baby with Grant as I know he is the only person in the world who could possibly be as excited as me about this new stage in our lives together.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! And hey, you have a blog now, you can babble on about babies as much as you like here!

    ReplyDelete